Friday, February 22, 2013

MARY ENGELBREIT VINTAGE KITCHEN QUARTER SCALE


This was a kit from Suzanne Larson-Tamburo. She had a limited number of kits, but I was fortunate to get one in Charlotte even though I missed the opportunity to take the wkshop class. Took me about 2-3 days to complete. A clever kit. The frame and shelf contents graphics are from an ME notecard. You apply a stylus to the plates and bowls graphics to give a 3D appearance.

I added hinges and acrylic from a notecard box to the frame opening because I'm paranoid about getting dust into my minis.


The dog is by Gayle Clausen and a gift from Sandy Davis. The food mixer, blender and cutting board was a roundtable kit from Portland Small Scale Houseparty. It was a challenge making or finding accessories for the counters. I ended up using more graphics from the ME book "Life is a Bowl of Cherries" and used a stylus to make a 2D picture look like 3D.


See the outlet graphic I added?

The FRAME is 3 7/8 x 3 3/8. The ROOMBOX is 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 x 1".

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Thuy! And I did figure out how to navigate the new blog format :-), nothing wrong with it, I just didn't know where your archive etc was, but found it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Looks great!
    Jene

    ReplyDelete