Monday, April 8, 2013

Carpenter Gothic Doll's House Cottage Cabinets

I bought these kits 3-4 years ago, but was too intimidated to work on them because of the size. The kits don't come with a picture showing how it looks when finished inside. But, since the Rainbow Row Doll's House Cabinets (see previous post) went together so fast, I dug these kits out and was able to finish all 5 kits over two evenings after work.


Overall size of the house cabinet: 1 5/8" H  1" W  3/8" D . The cover is 2 1/4" H.


The printie for the house has only a little bit of color, so I used coloring pencils to bring more color to the house printie. I would not use Sharpie pens because the ink will bleed through.

 

These kits include tiny little "artwork" to hang in your doll's house while the Rainbow Row House cabinets kits do not.



The instructions say to add drawer "knobs" by an ink pen dot. Use no hole beads instead--a lot easier and gives you 3D look.





My 7 yr-old son picked the order I took pictures of the houses. I need to white out the numbers. Haven't got around to it yet.

Pam sells these kits for $5 each, or you can get a free kit for each QS doll you buy from her. They are a great way to learn about 144 or microscale miniatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment