Friday, June 7, 2013

2013 Playtime Memories Tiny House/Doll Cottage Exhibit/Challenge







 by Mary Wrenn



 by Mary E Johnson


 My favorite, by Judith Meyers "Butterfly"




Pictures above are of the Doll Cottage kit in 144 scale by Jack Kosinski, who also made one of the Houseparty's souvenirs. The original Doll Cottage was in quarter scale and taught as a class at Tom Bishop Chicago show in 2012.

It was amazing to see the creativity exhibited by people.

I would have taken more pictures, except everything was crammed onto a tiny little table, so it was hard to take pictures of each house as a stand-alone. Hopefully my roommie Mary Johnson will forward me more pics so I can post here.

The Doll Cottage pictured above is 2 x 1.5 x 2 5/8 high, which includes the base. It sells for $12. You can purchase from Babette Overman, Abby Vukovich, and Sue Ann Ketchum. A lot of people put the cottage onto a bigger base in order to create their vignettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment